Educational Trip Form
A key factor to successful school performance is class attendance. The School District does not recommend lengthy student absences whether excused or unexcused. Parents/guardians who are planning educational trips which are not school sponsored are advised of the following District Policy:
- Parents/guardians must request approval at least two weeks prior to the trip. At that time, the principal will determine if the trip is educational and excusable. The two-week notice is necessary to provide adequate teacher time to provide assignments if the proposed trip is approved.
- A total of five school days in an academic year may be excused for educational trips. Additional absences for educational trips will be unexcused and/or unlawful as the statutes may apply.
- Students may be given appropriate assignments as determined by the teacher and approved by the principal.
- Any exceptions to this policy due to extenuating circumstances must be approved by the Superintendent.
- All school work for approved trips must be turned in immediately upon date of return or zero/no make-up will be given.